Speaking of Google cast devices might result in many brands. But if we’re looking for a valuable device that not too expensive, then people will come to compare Xiaomi Mi Box S VS Chromecast. This two device is comparable to each other since they both bringing similar features with a similar range of price. If you need to get more information before deciding which product is more suitable, the next paragraph will help to give an overview.
About The Brand
The first thing to consider before buying a product is to introduce it with the brand. Therefore, it will be good to have a little overview of Xiaomi and Google. Xiaomi is a mobile internet company from China that has been last for several years and successfully fill in the market with their various product. They also know at a cheaper price, making the product suitable for those with limited and minimum budget. Read also: Roku SE vs Roku 2.
On the other hand, Google is a good reputable brand that always commits to provide suitable quality on all of their products. Therefore, when Google launched the Chromecast, the main purpose is to help many people on getting a suitable way of streaming. For further information on the features, similarities of both products, and the major difference of each brand, the following paragraphs will give a detailed explanation.
|Xiaomi Mi Box S
|39.37 x 39.37 x 39.37 inches
|4.2 x 4.2 x 1.1 inches
About The Features
One of the criteria that normally seek by the buyer is a feature. Most people will ask for better features with less money. The same thing happens for those comparing Xiaomi Mi Box S VS Chromecast. It is important to understand the strength features of each product. Such as the feature from Xiaomi Mi Box that consists of the following item:
- Supported with Android 8.1 that able to support Google Assistance and Chromecast as well. Therefore, selecting this device leads you to optimize your Chromecast at the same time.
- Compatible with various apps and provide access to premium video services.
- Provides constant streaming of any content.
- Supported by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth technology, HDMI 2.0, USB 2.0, and global language.
- Output resolution is 4K quality with 3840×2160.
- Supported with Cortex A53 CPU with 64bit Quad Core and GPU Mali 450, RAM is 2GB with 8GB storage.
- Compatible with MPEG, MOV, AVI, MP4, Image JPG, BMP.
While if you decide to get Chromecast, then, in general, you will receive a streaming product with the following features:
- Compatible with many Google home appliances as long there is an HDMI port to plug the device.
- Support YouTube Channel, HULU, Airplay, DLNA Protocol, except Netflix.
- Completed with the features for a photo, video, music, radio, documents, chat, movies, and games to HDTV.
- Support 1080p video output with a good high-quality sound effect.
- Compatible to connect with various devices including PC, smartphone, TV, projector, or iPad.
- Consist of an easy plug and connect dongle with HDMI connection.
About The Similarities
Whether Xiaomi Mi Box S or Chromecast aims to give a more joyful entertainment experience. Therefore, in general, they both have some similarities as mention below:
- Providing the best way to get streaming much easier. The main focus of both products is to help people getting streaming entertainment easily.
- Support with various connections and devices such as HDMI, support PC, and other gadgets too.
- It provides additional features on sharing several things such as photos, video, music, or games.
- Provide HDTV technology for a better viewing and sharp color resolution to watch.
About The Difference
When we specifically compare Xiaomi Mi Box S VS Chromecast, there are several differences to consider in detail. The major different of both brands are listed in the following points:
- Xiaomi is a product dedicated to supporting Chromecast too. Therefore, you will get more advantage by buying Xiaomi Mi Box S rather than only a Chromecast. However, Chromecast is note support with Netflix, while in Xiaomi you can get this item for more choice of entertainment.
- The resolution offered from Xiaomi is much better, up to 3840, while Chromecast only limited to 1080.
- Xiaomi supported with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection, while Chromecast needs to plug. Therefore, the technology of Chromecast is less conservative then Xiaomi. However, Chromecast plugin and out way will be more practical and easy to perform.
- Xiaomi supported Alexa’s assistance for an easy way to perform various tasks related to the streaming activity. While Chromecast is only a streaming device without additional capabilities. Therefore, this lead Xiaomi also easier to navigate by the user. This can lead to a better experience in enjoying the streaming movies or others.
About The Price
Most of this streaming device is still achievable and not too expensive. For example, Xiaomi Mi Box S is now selling in the market for $55 in a complete set. While if you choose to use Chromecast, it cost about $27 only. Therefore, adding a streaming device for your additional entertainment will not spend a lot of your budget. You will just need to make sure that you choose the right product in terms of anything, including price.
Xiaomi Mi Box S vs Chromecast
From the comparison above, it will be easy to get a conclusion that whether Xiaomi or Chromecast, both are good enough to consider when you’re looking for a streaming device at your home. You will able to get Chromecast with a lower price than buying Xiaomi Mi Box S. But this is not surprising since Xiaomi offers a set of complete android TV compare to Chromecast that only works as a streamer media. Therefore, if you’re looking for something with better technology and easiness in performing the streaming activity, then Xiaomi can be your best choice.
However, some people might not concern on the plus side of Xiaomi and prefer a less cheap product to get. As long as it gives the same result on streaming. This will lead them to select Chromecast as a budgetary product to support the streaming activity. Except if they prefer to have Netflix on their list. Hence, it will depend on each person’s preference for whether valuable money or a complete media player.