When it comes to buying a new TV, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one with so many options available on the market. Samsung and Sony are two of the most popular brands in the TV industry, and their latest models, the QN90A and A80J, respectively, are both excellent choices for those who want a high-quality viewing experience.
In this comparison, we are going to talk about:
- What is Benefit of QLED TV
- What are Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J
- How are the Design of Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J
- How are the Picture Quality of Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J
- How are the Sound of Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J
- How are the Features of Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J
- Samsung QN90A Vs Sony A80J
QLED (Quantum-dot Light Emitting Diode) TVs are a relatively new technology in the TV market, but they have quickly gained popularity due to their impressive features and benefits. Here are some of the benefits of QLED TVs:
- Exceptional Picture Quality: QLED TVs are known for their exceptional picture quality, which is achieved through quantum dots technology. Quantum dots are microscopic particles that emit light when stimulated by electricity, and they produce more vibrant colors and brighter images than traditional LED TVs. This technology also enhances contrast, making blacks appear deeper and whites brighter.
- Wide Viewing Angles: One of the drawbacks of traditional LED TVs is that their picture quality deteriorates when viewed from an angle. However, QLED TVs have wide viewing angles, meaning that the picture quality remains consistent even when viewed from the side.
- High Brightness: QLED TVs are capable of producing high levels of brightness, making them ideal for watching HDR content. This technology enables the TV to display up to 2000 nits of brightness, resulting in vivid colors and an immersive viewing experience.
- Energy Efficient: QLED TVs are energy-efficient, consuming less power than traditional LED TVs. This is because they use quantum dots technology, which consumes less energy than traditional LED backlighting.
- Long Lifespan: QLED TVs have a long lifespan, with most models expected to last for at least 100,000 hours. This means that they can last for over 10 years, even with heavy usage.
- Environmentally Friendly: QLED TVs are environmentally friendly, as they contain fewer toxic materials than traditional LED TVs. This makes them easier to recycle and less harmful to the environment. Read Also: Sony X800H vs TCL 6 Series
- Slim Design: QLED TVs have a slim and elegant design that blends well with any home décor. They are also lightweight, making them easy to mount on a wall or move from one room to another.
|Samsung QN90A||Sony A80J|
|Product Dimensions||14.4 x 74.5 x 45.2 inches||14.5 x 67.88 x 39.38 inches
|Shipping Weight||125 pounds||63.7 pounds
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
About Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J
The QN90A is an excellent option for sports and video game enthusiasts, thanks to its 120Hz refresh rate, suite of motion settings, and Game Bar. With these features, you can enjoy fast-paced content without any motion blur or lag, giving you a seamless and smooth viewing experience. Samsung has also included a range of motion presets in the QN90A, allowing you to fine-tune the TV’s de-blur and de-judder efforts to your liking. This level of control ensures that you get the perfect motion settings for your preferred viewing experience.
For those who love to indulge in movies in a dark room, the Sony A80J is an excellent option that won’t disappoint. While its HDR brightness may not be the brightest out there, it still delivers an impressive HDR experience thanks to its near-infinite contrast ratio and wide color gamut. The A80J’s near-infinite contrast ratio ensures that it can display deep blacks and bright whites simultaneously, giving you a stunningly realistic image with no distracting blooming around bright objects in dark scenes. This feature enhances the overall image quality, making it a perfect option for movie lovers who enjoy watching films with darker tones.
Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J Design
The Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J both come with a sleek and modern design that will blend in well with any home décor. The Samsung QN90A has a thin bezel and a slim profile that makes it look elegant and sophisticated. The Sony A80J, on the other hand, has a minimalist design with a thin frame that puts the focus on the screen. Read Also: Sony X800h vs X750H
Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J Picture Quality
Both the Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J have excellent picture quality, but they use different technologies to achieve it. The Samsung QN90A uses Mini-LED technology, which provides a higher level of brightness and contrast. This technology enables the TV to display up to 1,800 nits of brightness, making it ideal for watching HDR content. The Sony A80J, on the other hand, uses OLED technology, which produces deeper blacks and better color accuracy. OLED panels are known for their ability to turn off individual pixels, resulting in true blacks and a higher contrast ratio. This makes the Sony A80J ideal for watching movies with dark scenes or playing video games with high contrast.
Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J Sound
Both the Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J come with built-in speakers that provide excellent sound quality. However, the Samsung QN90A has an edge over the Sony A80J as it comes with Object Tracking Sound that follows the action on the screen and delivers an immersive sound experience. However Sony A80J has 50W of power output and has an Acoustic Surface Audio+.
Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J Features
The Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J both come with several features that enhance the viewing experience. The Samsung QN90A comes with Neo Quantum Processor Technology 4K, which provides exceptional contrast and vivid colors, making the images more lifelike. It also comes with Object Tracking Sound that follows the action on the screen and delivers an immersive sound experience. On the other hand, the Sony A80J comes with an OLED panel that provides deeper blacks and better viewing angles. It also has XR Triluminos Pro that produces a wide range of colors and Motionflow XR that reduces blur for smooth and clear visuals.
Which is Good: Samsung QN90A Vs Sony A80J
In conclusion, both the Samsung QN90A and Sony A80J are excellent choices for those who want a high-quality viewing experience. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and it ultimately comes down to personal preference. If you want a TV with exceptional contrast and vivid colors, then the Samsung QN90A is the better choice. However, if you want a TV with deeper blacks and better color accuracy, then the Sony A80J is the better choice. Both TVs have excellent sound quality and a sleek design that will look great in any room.