The technology of smart TV provides various ways of enjoying some excellent entertainment. This is shown through the technology from a TV box. With this device, people will able to convert your television to be one-stop entertainment with smarter technologies. Even on a smart TV, a TV box will able to expand the capabilities of television. That is why commonly a TV box is one of the most searching products this year.
One of the famous products for TV box including Amazon Fire TV recast VS Table. Both are quite familiar products and brands in the US market. Maybe some of you living outside Europe or the US might not too familiar with it. But, it was noted that at the moment these two products lead the TV box market. Of course, many of the buyers will look at further details before deciding to buy between these two products. Therefore, a comparison between Amazon Fire TV Recast VS Tablo is important information to find. If this is information that you need to find out today, then the following paragraphs will be a good reference to read.
Amazon Fire TV Recast
Everyone might feel familiar with Amazon, a famous brand by Amazon, and successfully produce some in-house brand for the worldwide market. Including the technology of DVR for a TV box. Amazon produces Amazon Fire TV Recast to manage to deliver a live show to their consumer including to deliver recorder local TV through a streaming device. Read also: Tivo Edge vs Roamio Pro.
This product was launched with several strong features including the following lists:
- Provided with two options of the tuner, two, and four tuners for more flexibility in the recording system.
- Works with Ethernet or Wifi system.
- Available with two version recording storage, the two tuners manage to store up to 75 hours. While the four tuners manage to store up to 150 hours.
- Able to record up to 6.6GB per hour.
- Compatible with Amazon Fire TV, Apple, and Android TV.
- Provide output resolutions up to 1440 x 720p.
- No additional monthly fee to use Amazon Fire TV Recast.
|Amazon Fire TV Recast||Tablo|
|Product Dimensions||12.5 x 9.9 x 3.9 inches||4.57 x 6.85 x 1.54 inches
|Shipping Weight||8.13 pounds||14.4 ounces
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
The next product that you might want to know more about is Tablo. If we look at their official webpage, Tablo was founded in 2009 and launched the first product in 2011. Following the next year where Tablo’s first DVR prototype officially build in 2012. Later on, in 2014, Tablo 4-tuner DVR officially sold in the market and currently can easily find in the offline and online marketers around the US.
Tablo brings several DVR products with specific features and specifications. The most excellent product at the moment might be Table QUAD1TB OTA DVR that claim to bring several features as listed below:
- Provides with 1TB built-in SATA drive to help record up to 700 hours of HD programming.
- Includes 4 Over The Air ATSC tuners.
- Provide automatic commercial skip to help to ignore the non-necessary commercial ads.
- Provide with whole home and out of home streaming. It allows up to six internet-connected devices inside and outside the home to enjoy various entertainment through this device.
- Compatible with various smart TV including Roku, Amazon TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and many more.
- Provide output resolutions up to 1080p.
- Able to record up to 4.6GB per hour.
Even that both products claim to help to connect a TV antenna to the home network and deliver entertainment content, but both brands carry a different system to deliver the video. They also provide different supported device system. For those that feel curious about this matter, the next bullet points will describe the major difference between these two products.
- The output resolution is a little bit different since Tablo only giving 1080p but Amazon able to give 1440 x 720p.
- Tablo compatible with various smart TV, but you will only able to use Amazon Fire TV Recast with Amazon TV only. This is one of the main lack of buying the Amazon brand.
- Tablo manages to store up to 700 hours while Amazon is only capable to store up to 150 hours of recording. However, Amazon able to record up to 6.6GB per hour but Tablo only up to 4.6GB per hour.
Not only looking at the features but the overall price of a device also a major concern for many people. That is why it is important to check on the price first before making a last final decision. For information, Amazon Fire TV Recast costs $230 for the 2 tuners option and costs $280 for the 4 tuners device. While if you prefer to buy Tablo, this product is selling for $140 for the two tuners option and $220 for the four tuners option. It means that overall, the price of Tablo is considered cheaper than Amazon Fire TV Recast.
Amazon Fire TV Recast vs Tablo
From the information above, it can conclude that both products bring their specific specialty according to each person’s needs. For example, Amazon Fire TV Recast works well if used together with similar Amazon products. But, this can also be the lack since Amazon brand will not be able to pair and use with other brands of streaming TV. If you prefer Tablo, then these issues will be not a matter, since Tablo works and compatible with many streaming TV in the market. Another thing to consider is that the overall price of Tablo is much more economic than Amazon. With more devices that compatible with this brand, it can be a good strength of Tablo compare with Amazon Fire TV Recast.
In the end, if you wish to select between Amazon Fire TV Recast VS Tablo, then you need to concern about your other available device and smart TV at home. If you’re not an Amazon fan and not using any of this device, then it will be useless to choose Amazon Fire TV Recast. Furthermore, the price is double from Tablo. Therefore, if you wish a wider selection of TV streaming media, then Tablo is a perfect choice. Not to mention that Tablo bring 700 hours of recording storage capacity for more HD file to record.